WELCOME TO ST. GREGORY THE GREAT
Fr. Michael Davis
The Archdiocese of Miami has suspended all Masses and other liturgical events, with a congregation participating, as well as other parish or ministry meetings, until further notice, in efforts to contain the COVID-19 virus and to protect our parishioners.
Archbishop Thomas Wenski invites you to watch the Mass from our many live-streaming links and videos available on the ADOM website, www.miamiarch.org.
If I can be of any service to you, please call the Saint Gregory Rectory office at 954-473-6261 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Father Michael Davis
March 18, 2020
Archdiocese of Miami suspends Masses
and liturgical events until further notice
Sat 3:15 - 4:15 pm | Sat 5:00 - 6:00 pm
Sun 7:00 - 7:30 am | Sun 8:30 - 9:30 am | Sun 10:00 - 11:00 am
Sun 11:30 am - 12:30 pm | Sun 5:30 - 6:30 pm | Sun 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Archdiocese of Miami
Father Davis in Spanish
Message from Father Davis
Spiritual Support from Saint Gregory in Plantation
In these unsettling times, I invite you to stay close to your community of faith through the spiritual resources of the Church, not the least of which is via personal prayer, online liturgies and devotions, the holy rosary, the divine mercy chaplet, Scriptural meditation, and the long held tradition of SPIRITUAL COMMUNION, even while watching a broadcast of the Holy Mass.
We can learn a lot from the many countries and cultures that have experienced political and social oppression, forcing the Church to stay alive underground through the many mediums of our rich Catholic tradition.
Here at Saint Gregory, we will provide the following resources immediately:
1. The front page of our website has been adjusted to accommodate our new communication needs;
2. Our website will be regularly updated with YouTube messages from the Pastor; I will upload my next one tomorrow Sunday afternoon, and on an every-other-day schedule. I am also working on one in Spanish!
3. Four Sunday Masses will be uploaded to our website each Saturday afternoon at 4:00pm. Each priest at Saint Gregory will be pre-video-taped celebrating the Sunday Mass. You can watch the priest of your choice....or ALL FOUR!! 😁
4. Walk-up, outdoor confessions will be available at the Gazebo patio each weekend, according to the following schedule:
3:15pm to 4:15pm
5:00pm to 6:00pm
7:15am to 8:15am
8:30am to 9:30am
10:00am to 11:00am
11:30am to 12:30pm
5:30pm to 6:30pm
6:45pm to 7:45pm
5.On-line YouTube versions of the Stations of the Cross, both in English and Spanish, from Saint Gregory, will be available and linked to our website;
6. Copies of the Florida Catholic will be available at the front entrance of our church;
7. The church office will be open regular hours, though with a staggered schedule of available staff members (to accommodate their own family and personal needs at this time). Nevertheless, everyone will be here each day to assist you with your needs and questions; copies of the bulletin will also be available in print at the office, or on-line on the parish website.
8. By Thursday, March 26th, Holy Water bottles will be available to you at the front entrance of the church. If we run out, simply bring your own bottle to the church office. The priest on duty will gladly bless the water.
9. Drive-through CAR blessings will take place each Monday and Thursday at 12:00pm noon.
10. Priests are available for open-air outdoor appointments. Just call to schedule a convenient time.
Blessings and Best Wishes.
Apoyo Espiritual en San Gregorio, Plantation
En estos tiempos inquietantes, los invito a permanecer cerca de su comunidad de fe a través de los recursos espirituales de la Iglesia, entre los cuales se encuentra la oración personal, las liturgias y las devociones en línea, el rosario, la corona de la misericordia divina, la meditación bíblica y la larga tradición de la COMUNIÓN ESPIRITUAL, incluso mientras se ve una transmisión digital de la Santa Misa.
Podemos aprender mucho de los muchos países y culturas que han experimentado la opresión política y social, obligando a la Iglesia a mantenerse viva bajo tierra a través de los muchos medios de nuestra rica tradición católica.
Aquí en Saint Gregory, proporcionaremos inmediatamente los siguientes recursos:
1. La página principal de nuestro sitio web ha sido ajustada para acomodar nuestras nuevas necesidades de comunicación;
2. Nuestro sitio web se actualizará periódicamente con mensajes de YouTube del Pastor; Cargaré mi próximo mañana domingo por la tarde, y en un horario de días alternos. ¡También estoy trabajando en un mensaje en español!
3. Se subirán cuatro misas dominicales a nuestro sitio web cada sábado por la tarde a las 4:00 pm. Cada sacerdote en Saint Gregory será grabado en video para celebrar la misa dominical. ¡Puedes ver al sacerdote de tu elección ... o LOS CUATRO!😁
4. Las confesiones al aire libre estarán disponibles en el patio del Gazebo cada fin de semana, de acuerdo con el siguiente horario:
3:15 pm a 4:15 pm
5:00 pm a 6:00 pm
7:15 am a 8:15 am
8:30 a.m. a 9:30 a.m.
10:00 a.m. a 11:00 a.m.
11:30 a.m. a 12:30 p.m.
5:30 pm a 6:30 pm
6:45 p.m. a 7:45 p.m.
5. Las versiones en línea de YouTube de las Estaciones de la Cruz, tanto en inglés como en español, de Saint Gregory, estarán disponibles y vinculadas a nuestro sitio web;
6. Copias del Florida Catholic estarán disponibles en la entrada principal de nuestra iglesia;
7. La oficina de la iglesia estará abierta durante horas regulares, aunque con un horario escalonado de miembros del personal disponibles (para acomodar sus propias necesidades familiares y personales en este momento). Sin embargo, todos estarán aquí cada día para ayudarlo con sus necesidades y preguntas; copias del boletín también estarán disponibles en forma impresa en la oficina, o en línea en el sitio web de la parroquia.
8. Para el jueves 26 de marzo, habrá botellas de agua bendita disponibles en la entrada principal de la iglesia. Si se nos acaba, simplemente traiga su propia botella a la oficina de la iglesia. El sacerdote de turno bendecirá con gusto el agua.
9. Las bendiciones de los vehículos en tránsito (Drive-through) se llevarán a cabo todos los lunes y jueves a las 12:00 p.m. mediodía.
10. Los sacerdotes están disponibles para citas al aire libre. Simplemente llame para programar un horario conveniente.
Bendiciones y mejores deseos.
Trust in the Power of Prayer
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
The coronavirus pandemic has shaken our world – and our lives. Like in the aftermath of 9/11, we feel like the world has changed; but we don’t know yet what the “new normal” will be. But as a people of faith, we trust in the power of prayer and in the providence of our loving God; as a people of hope, we know that God will never abandon us; as a people of charity, despite our own fears and anxieties, we stand in solidarity with all our brothers and sisters who are infected or affected by this pandemic.
Lent this year will in many ways be a true desert experience as we necessarily impose on ourselves some “social distancing”. With the disruption that the coronavirus has brought and will bring to our lives, we, too, may be tempted as the Israelites were in the desert to grumble against God – and perhaps not present our best selves to our spouses, loved ones and our neighbors.
Let us pray that even while we maintain some social distance physically in these days, Jesus will help us bridge any spiritual distances between ourselves and Him or among ourselves.
I invite you to join me in praying for protection in time of pandemic:
you always brighten our path
as a sign of salvation and of hope.
We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick,
who, at the Cross, took part in Jesus’ pain
while remaining steadfast in faith.
O loving Mother,
you know what we need,
and are confident you will provide for us
as at Cana in Galilee.
Intercede for us with your Son Jesus,
the Divine Physician,
for those who have fallen ill,
for those who are vulnerable,
and for those who have died.
Intercede also for those charged with
protecting the health and safety of others
and for those who are tending to the sick
and seeking a cure.
Help us, O Mother of Divine Love,
to conform to the will of the Father
and to do as we are told by Jesus,
who took upon himself our sufferings and carried our sorrows,
so as to lead us, through the Cross,
to the glory of the Resurrection.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Most Reverend Thomas G. Wenski
Archbishop of Miami
Important Message from
My dear friends in Christ,
This is a certainly unique moment for us—in our world and in our church. The coronavirus pandemic has shaken our world – and our lives. Much like in the aftermath of 9/11, we feel like the world has changed but we don’t know yet what the “new normal” will be. During this time of uncertainty and anxiety, be assured of my prayers for you and your loved ones. This crisis challenges us to act responsibly in social isolation, but remember that we are never alone, even in the most difficult of times. As a people of faith, we trust in the power of prayer and in the providence of our loving God; as a people of hope, we know that God will never abandon us; as a people charity, despite our own fears and anxieties, we must stand in solidarity with all our brothers and sisters who are infected or affected by this pandemic.
During this time, when we are unable to come together for Mass, we need- now more than ever- the connectivity with the Archdiocese and our parishes is essential. Despite the physical separation of our community with the Church, many pastoral services are currently being performed virtually. I invite you to visit our website, www.miamiarch.org, for up-to-date information, live-streaming of liturgies, and other resources.
On behalf of your pastors, I am personally asking that you please continue your weekly offertory support, whether sending your envelopes via mail, making an online donation through the parish website or through this Universal Online Offertory Page. It is critically important that our parishes receive the offertory support they need to remain operational and sustainable despite the suspension of weekly Masses. I understand that many of you may not be able to contribute given the economic impact this pandemic is having on your personal finances; however, I hope that those who are able to continue to support their parishes will do so. Your online support will make a critical difference to the operations of your parishes during this crisis.
I am sensitive to the financial hardship suffered by many in recent days. Many turn to the Church for help, and if we come together, we can try to assist them in their time of need. As such, we have created a Coronavirus Emergency Fund. If you are able make a donation to this emergency fund, please do so now. We must unite to help support our brothers and sisters who have been negatively impacted by this ongoing pandemic. Let us look to the future with hope.
Please visit the websites above to support parish offertory, the Coronavirus Emergency Fund or both as your means allow. Your generosity is needed now more than ever. Any gift can make a huge difference. Please continue to pray for each other, as I continue to pray for you.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Most Reverend Thomas G. Wenski
Archbishop of Miami